Pensioner Narrowly Escapes Harm as Mobile Phone Explodes in Shirt Pocket

A pensioner had a fortunate escape after his mobile phone exploded in his shirt pocket, narrowly avoiding a tragic incident.

CCTV footage captured the 70-year-old man sitting on a chair inside a local store when the device suddenly ignites, engulfing his shirt in flames.

Reacting swiftly, he jumps up, accidentally knocking over his cup of tea in the process.

Despite the alarming situation, he manages to grab the burning phone and throws it to the ground.

The elderly man then frantically pats down his clothing to prevent the fire from spreading, seemingly unharmed by the unexpected incident.

The shopkeeper rushes to the scene and promptly stomps out the flames engulfing the mobile phone.

Within seconds, the fire is extinguished, and the man calmly walks away, seemingly unfazed.

He was later taken to a hospital in Thrissur, Kerala, located in south India, where he received treatment for minor burns.

According to local media reports, the man purchased the phone a year ago for 1,000 rupees (£9.71).

When questioned by the police, he stated that he had not encountered any issues with the device prior to the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Previous Article

Global Supply Chain Theft Poses Threat to Food Prices in 2023, with Food and Drink Among the Most Stolen Products

Next Article

Experts Share Top 'No-No's for Custom T-Shirts, Including Offensive Language, Excessive Colours, and Hard-to-Read Fonts

Related Posts