Manchester United, who are clutching onto their Champions League spot, face a strong Brighton side that’s been overperforming all season. Will Erik Ten Hag’s men be able to defeat Brighton at Old Trafford? Read on for our betting tips and predictions.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Brighton vs Manchester United Stats and Facts
- Two of Brighton’s most recent three Premier League victories have come against Manchester United. They have never won three consecutive league games against them or completed the league double over the Red Devils.
- Three of Manchester United’s five Premier League encounters against Brighton at the Amex Stadium (W2) have ended in defeat. It is their highest loss rate at any venue in the competition where they have played multiple times (60 percent).
- In November, Manchester United defeated Fulham 2-1 to win just one of their last 13 Premier League away games against teams that began the day in the top half of the table (D3 L9). Since defeating Spurs 3-0 in October 2021, the Red Devils have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 13 matches.
- Brighton have won as many midweek Premier League games in their last four (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) as they did in their previous 31 (D12 LI 6). However, Brighton lost their most recent match of this type, 3-1 at Nottingham Forest.
- Manchester United have only lost one of their 11 Premier League away games played on a Thursday (W6 D4) and are undefeated in their last nine since losing 3-1 at Middlesbrough in December 2002.
Brighton vs Manchester United – Recent Form
Here are the five most recent matches in all Brighton and Manchester United competitions. This includes the Premier League, Europa League, and FA Cup.
Manchester United Recent Form (WWWDW):
- 1-0 vs Aston Villa – Premier League
- 2-2 vs Tottenham Hotspur – Premier League
- 0-0 vs Brighton – FA Cup
- 0-3 vs Sevilla – Europa League
- 2-0 vs Nottingham Forest – Premier League
Manchester United has been struggling for a while now to score goals in big matches against big teams; they’ve only managed to score goals against weaker sides like Nottingham Forest. The last time United faced Brighton was in the FA Cup, where the match ended in a draw. This doesn’t bode well for United because they need a win to stay afloat in the Premier League’s top four.
Brighton Recent Form(WLDWL):
- 6-0 vs Wolves – Premier League
- 1-3 vs Nottingham Forest – Premier League
- 0-0 vs Manchester United – FA Cup
- 2-1 vs Chelsea – Premier League
- 1-2 vs Tottenham Hotspur – Premier League
Brighton doesn’t have terrible form recently in domestic competition, managing a draw against Manchester United in the FA Cup semi finals and an impressive 6-0 win against Wolves. This great effort shows that the Brighton team is willing and able to score mass amounts of goals if the occasion requires it.
Brighton vs Manchester United Premier League Standings
Here are some detailed statistics on both clubs and where they stand in the Premier League.
- 4th in the Premier League
- 63 points
- GD of 10
- 32 Matches Played
- 8th in the Premier League
- 52 points
- GD of 21
- 31 Matches Played
Brighton vs Manchester United Squadlists
Here are the players available to both Ten Hag and de Zerbi in the Amex Stadium encounter on Thursday evening.
Manchester United Squadlist
Below is the full team squad of Manchester United. The manager, Ten Hag, will pick his starting XI against Brighton from these players:
David De Gea, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford, Lisandro Martinez, Luke Shaw, Christian Eriksen, Diogo Dalot, Raphael Varane, Casemiro, Antony, Jadon Sancho, Tyrell Malacia, Fred, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Wout Weghorst, Scott McTominay, Anthony Martial, Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof, Anthony Elanga, Alejandro Garnacho, Marcel Sabitzer, Donny van de Beek, Jack Butland, Tom Heaton, Brandon Williams, Phil Jones, Facundo Pellistri, Kobbie Mainoo.
Below is the full team squad of Brighton. The manager, de Zerbi, will pick his starting XI against United from these players:
Robert Sénchez, Jason Steele, Adam Webster, Lewis Dunk, Levi Colwill, Jan Paul van Hecke, Pervis Estupinan, Tariq Lamptey, Joel Veltman, Moisés Caicedo, Alexis Mac Allister, Jakub Moder, Billy Gilmour, Pascal Groß, Yasin Ayari, Facundo Buonanotte, Jeremy Sarmiento, Adam Lallana, Kaoru Mitoma, Solly March, Julio Enciso, Evan Ferguson, Danny Welbeck, Deniz Undav
With United not in their greatest form and Brighton looking outstanding all season, I’ll have to kick off our predictions with yes, both teams will score. Especially since United have a weakened defense and Brighton have looked spectacular up front recently. Players like Mitoma for Brighton really give them a boost.
All things considered, United and Brighton’s most recent matches haven’t been full of goals, so it’s difficult to recommend anything over 1.5, with over 2.5 already being risky. Manchester United seem to struggle against Brighton and in general when it comes to goals. Over 1.5 is going to have to be my recommendation, if not just a scoreless draw instead of 1-1
Over/Under Verdict: Over 1.5 safest