Manchester City is set to face West Ham at the Etihad stadium in their climb towards Premier League title glory. The Opta supercomputer places their chances for a win at 80% while their opponents are predicted only a 7% chance. Read on to hear our betting tips and predictions for this key match in the Premier League fight.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Manchester City vs West Ham Stats and Facts
- Since a 2-1 loss at home in September 2015, Man City is unbeaten in 14 Premier League fixtures against West Ham (W11 D3).
- West Ham have taken just four points from their 16 Premier League encounters against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium (WI DI L 14), conceding at least one goal on each visit. In April 2003, David James earned a 1-0 victory at Maine Road against Manchester City in their last away clean sheet in the Premiership.
- Since losing 2-1 to Leicester in December 2018, Man City have won each of their last 24 Premier League games on a Wednesday, the longest winning streak in the annals of the competition for a specific day. Only Manchester United (61%) has a superior Wednesday win percentage than Manchester City (60%) in the Premier League (minimum 5 games).
- Since losing 2-0 to Crystal Palace in October 2021, Manchester City has scored at least one goal in each of its last 30 Premier League home games (a total of 100 goals). The Citizens have scored at least twice in each of their last seven victories at the Etihad Stadium.
- Manchester City have won 10 of their last 11 Premier League games, despite allowing nine goals in that span. This season, they have only preserved a clean sheet in 31% (10/32) of their league games, their lowest percentage since 2009-10 (29%).
Manchester City vs West Ham Recent Form
Here are the five most recent matches in all competitions for both Manchester City and West Ham
Manchester City Recent Form (WWWDW):
- 2-1 vs Fulham – Premier League
- 4-1 vs Arsenal – Premier League
- 3-0 vs Sheffield Wednesday – the FA Cup
- 1-1 vs Bayern Munich – Premier League
- 3-1 vs Leicester – Premier League
Manchester City has won five of their last five games in the Premier League and has been in stellar form all season. They’re fourteen goals clear of the next team in terms of goal difference (City has 54 GD while Arsenal has 40 GD). They’re through to the FA Cup Semi-final against Manchester United and set to face Real Madrid in a two-legged Champions League semi-final. It couldn’t be going better for City on all fronts.
West Ham Recent Form(LLWWD):
- 3-4 vs Crystal Palace – Premier League
- 1-2 vs Liverpool – Premier League
- 4-0 vs Bournemouth
- 4-1 vs Gent – Conference League
- 2-2 vs West Ham – Premier League
West Ham doesn’t look to have horrendous form but not great form either. They’ve only managed to dominate sides that are much weaker than them including bournemouth in the Premier League and Belgian team Gent in the UEFA Conference League. Although not impressive, their 4-0 win against Bournemouth and 4-1 win agains Gent display West Ham’s ability to score lots of goals when the occasion allows it.
Manchester City vs West Ham Premier League Standings
Here are some detailed statistics on both clubs and where they stand in the Premier League.
- 1st in the Premier League
- 75 points
- GD of 54
- 32 Matches Played
- 15th in the Premier League
- 34 points
- GD of -10
- 33 Matches Played
Manchester City vs West Ham Squadlists
Here are the players available to both Pep Guardiola and David Moyes in this Etihad Stadium encounter on Wednesday afternoon.
Manchester City Squadlist
Goalkeepers: Zack Steffen, Stefan Ortega Moreno, Ederson, Scott Carson
Defenders: Kyle Walker, Ruben Dias, John Stones, Nathan Ake,
Joao Cancelo, Aymeric Laporte, Sergio Gomez, Manuel Akanji,
Rico Lewis, Joshua Wilson-Esbrand
Midfielders: Kalvin Phillips, Ilkay Gundogan, Jack Grealish, Rodrigo, Kevin
De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Maximo Perrone, Phil Foden, Cole Palmer
Strikers: Erling Haaland, Julian Alvarez, Riyad Mahrez
West Ham Squadlist
Goalkeepers: Alphonse Areola, Lukasz Fabianski
Defenders: Nayef Aguerd, Kurt Zouma, Thilo Kehrer, Angelo Ogbonna, Emerson, Aaron Cresswell, Ben Johnson, Vladimir Coufal
Midfielders: Declan Rice,Tomas Soucek, Flynn Downes, Lucas Paqueta, Pablo Fornals, Manuel Lanzini
Strikers: Said Benrahma, Maxwel Cornet, Jarrod Bowen, Gianluca Scamacca, Danny Ings, Michail Antonio
Against a mammoth opponent like City, it’s hard to argue for any goals at all for the London side. Manchester City decidedly dominate the game especially from the back and up the field with their excellent build-up play. Nobody is able to match Manchester City in the Premier League seemingly as they beat second-best Arsenal 4-1 at the peak of their powers; saving up the health and form o De Bruyne.
Considering City’s voracious appetite for goals this season that has been displayed over and over again, over 2.5 is never a silly betting option with over 3.5 producing higher returns but being the more risky option. This result will really depend on how well City can control the game and whether or not they want to expend their precious energy against such a weak side. They have nothing to worry about in terms of goal difference when it comes to that metric deciding the title so they just need to win matches in comfort.
Over/Under Verdict: Over 2.5 Safe Option