Liverpool, who have recently entered the Top Five of the Premier League, are set to face 10th-place Fulham at Anfield on Wednesday. Will Liverpool continue their strong record at Anfield and give themselves a shot at Champions League football or will Fulham throw a wrench into their plans? Read on for our betting tips and predictions for this match.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Liverpool vs Fulham Stats & Facts
- Liverpool are scoreless in their last three Premier League contests against Fulham (D2 L1), their longest winless streak against Fulham in league competition since February 1966 to December 1967 (four games).
- Only two of Fulham’s 29 away league meetings against Liverpool have resulted in a victory (D7 L20). However, these victories have occurred in their last five excursions to Anfield, including a 1-0 victory in March 2021.
- From 1949 to 2018, Fulham’s away league record against Everton and Liverpool was 1 win, 11 draws, and 43 losses in 55 contests. The Cottagers have won their last three matches on Merseyside since then.
- Liverpool has won 14 of their last 16 midweek Premier League games (DI LI), including all seven at Anfield. The Reds have won their last eight Wednesday games, scoring 22 goals and allowing only two.
- In their first five away league games after the World Cup hiatus, Fulham recorded four shutouts and three victories (DI LI). Since then, they have lost three of their last four matches on the road (WI), conceding at least one goal in each of those contests.
Liverpool vs Fulham Recent Form
Here are the five most recent matches in all competitions for both Liverpool and Fulham.
Liverpool Recent Form(WWWWD):
- 4-3 vs Tottenham – Premier League
- 2-1 vs West Ham – Premier League
- 3-2 vs Nottingham Forest – Premier League
- 6-1 vs Leeds – Premier League
- 2-2 vs Arsenal – Premier League
Liverpool looks to be in sharp form, winning four of their last five matches in the Premier League and drawing only one against Arsenal at Anfield. They’ve certainly got no shortage of goal-scoring ability four of their most recent matches ending in over 3.5 goals. Their result against Tottenham is highly surprising after Jurgen Klopp said that Harry Kane was “Unplayable” in a press interview. Considering Spurs’ thrashing against Newcastle (6-1) you wouldn’t expect them to bounce back and give Liverpool such a fight that was only killed off in the last minutes of stoppage time.
Fulham Recent Form(LLWWL):
- 2-1 vs Manchester City – Premier League
- 0-1 vs Aston Villa – Premier League
- 2-1 vs Leeds – Premier League
- 3-1 vs Everton – Premier League
- 0-1 vs West Ham – Premier League
Fulham is exactly where everyone expects them to be,winning against weaker clubs and losing against strong clubs. They’re exactly slap-bang average in the league and their results reflect that; they don’t seem to have any sort of “form” that will sway the tides when it comes to any match. No really stand-out players to speak of either except for Carlos Vinicius. I think they’re in for a reality check at Anfield on Wednesday.
Liverpool vs Fulham Premier League Standings
Here are some detailed statistics on both clubs and where they stand in the Premier League.
- 5th in the Premier League
- 56 points
- GD of 23
- 33 Matches Played
- 10th in the Premier League
- 45 points
- GD of 0
- 33 Matches Played
Liverpool vs Fulham Squadlists
Here are the players available to both Jurgen Klopp and Marco Silva in this Anfield encounter on Wednesday.
Goalkeepers: Alisson, Caoimhin Kelleher, Adri
Defenders: Virgil van Dijk, Ibrahima Konaté, Joe Gomez, Joel Matip, Nathaniel Phillips, Rhys Williams, Andrew Robertson, Konstantinos Tsimikas, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Calvin Ramsay
Midfielders: Fabinho, Stefan Bajcetic, Thiago, Naby Keita, Curtis Jones, Arthur Melo, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, James Milner, Harvey Elliott, Fabio Carvalho
Strikers: Luis Diaz, Cody Gakpo, Diogo Jota, Mohamed Salah, Darwin Núñez, Roberto Firmino
Goalkeepers: Bernd Leno, Marek Rodak
Defenders: Issa Diop, Tosin Adarabioyo, Shane Duffy, Tim Ream, Antonee Robinson, Layvin Kurzawa, Kenny Tete, Cédric Soares
Midfielders: Joao Palhinha, Harrison Reed, Sasa Lukic, Tom Cairney, Tyrese Francois, Andreas Pereira, Bobby De Cordova-Reid
Strikers: Manor Solomon, Neeskens Kebano, Willian, Harry Wilson, Daniel James, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Carlos Vinicius
Looking at Liverpool’s most recent matches, both teams have scored in every single one, meanwhile Fulham has seen both teams score in three of their last five matches. However, Fulham has recently been playing really weak opponents, unlike Liverpool. I’m going to have to say that it’s likely that only Liverpool will score in this encounter.
Liverpool has seen over 2.5 goals in five of their last five games, Fulham has a similar statistic with seven of their last nine games ending in over 2.5 goals. Both of these statistics go to show that over 2.5 is going to be a very reasonable bet for this match with over 3.5 being likely in my opinion; Liverpool need to be in the same state of mind as they had against Leeds in their 6-1 victory.
Over/Under Verdict: Over 2.5 Very Likely