This London derby may well seal the fate of Arsenal’s Premier League title hopes as they’ve now been overtaken by Manchester City for first place. Arsenal can’t afford to even draw against an ailing Chelsea side. Read on for our betting tips and predictions for this exciting match.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Arsenal vs Chelsea Stats & Facts
- Arsenal have won four of their last five Premier League games against Chelsea (LI), which is the same number of victories they had in their previous 23 Premier League contests against the Blues (D6 LI 3).
- Only once in Premier League history have Chelsea won consecutive away games at Arsenal, in May and November of 2009.
- Since February 2004, Arsenal is attempting to win three consecutive Premier League encounters against Chelsea. In fact, they could accomplish a league double against the Blues for the second time in three seasons, having done so just once in the previous 20 seasons (2003-04).
- Arsenal have never lost a Premier League midweek (Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday) match against Chelsea, winning four and drawing six.
- This is the first meeting between these two teams at the Emirates Stadium since a 2-2 draw in January 2018.
- This season, only Southampton has preserved fewer clean sheets at home than Arsenal (3) in the Premier League. However, the Gunners have failed to score in only one of their 16 home games this season (a 0-0 draw against Newcastle in January). This is especially telling of their poor defense as Southampton is a very lowly placed team.
Arsenal vs Chelsea Recent Form
Here are the five most recent matches in all competitions for both Arsenal and Chelsea.
Arsenal Recent Form(LDDDW):
- 1-4 vs Manchester City – Premier League
- 3-3 vs Southampton – Premier League
- 2-2 vs West Ham – Premier League
- 2-2 vs Liverpool – Premier League
- 4-1 vs Leeds – Premier League
Arsenal doesn’t really struggle to score in any of their matches as you can see from the scores above, they do however suffer from a poor defense as they even conceded three goals because of mistakes against Southampton. They were only completely outclassed against top-of-the-league Manchester City at their home stadium at which they are very strong indeed.
Chelsea Recent Form(LLLLL):
- 0-2 vs Brentford – Premier League
- 0-2 vs Real Madrid – Champions League
- 1-2 vs Brighton – Premier League
- 0-2 vs Real Madrid – Champions League
- 0-1 vs Wolves – Premier League
Under temporary management, Chelsea looks to be in absolutely horrendous form losing five of their last five matches in all competitions and four of five overall in the Premier League. Unlike Arsenal, they’ve had a terrible scoring record coupled with the seeming inability to defend even against weaker teams. Real Madrid make them look even worse than they are because of blanco’s excellent form.
Arsenal vs Chelsea Premier League Standings
Here are some detailed statistics on both clubs and where they stand in the Premier League.
- 12th in the Premier League
- 39 points
- GD of -5
- 32 Matches Played
- 2nd in the Premier League
- 75 points (1 behind 1st)
- GD of 40 (14 behind 1st)
- 33 Matches Played
Arsenal vs Chelsea Squadlists
Here are the players available to both Mikel Arteta and caretaker manager Frank Lampard who has replaced Graham Potter.
Goalkeepers: Aaron Ramsdale, Matt Turner
Defenders: William Saliba, Gaberial Magalhaes, Jakub Kiwior, Rob Holding, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Kieran Tierney, Ben White, Takehiro Tomiyasu
Midfielders: Takehiro Tomiyasu, Thomas Partey, Jorginho, Mohamed Elneny, Granit Xhaka, Martin Odegaard, Emile Smith Rowe, Faio Vieira
Strikers: Gabriel Martinelli, Leandro Trossard, Bukayo Saka, Reiss Nelson, Gabriel Jesus, Eddie Nketiah
Goalkeepers: Edouard Mendy, Kepa Arrizabalaga, Gabriel Slonina, Marcus Bettinelli
Defenders: Wesley Fofana, Benoit Badiashile, Kalidou Koulibaly, Trevoh Chalobah, Thiago Silva, Marc Cucurella, Ben Chilwel, Lewis Hall, Reece James, Cesar Azpilicueta
Midfielders: N’Golo Kante, Denis Zakaria, Enzo Fernandes, Mateo Kovacic, Conor Gallagher, Ruben Loftus-cheek, Carney Chukuwuemeka, Mason Mount
Strikers: Mykhalo Mudryk, Raheem Sterling, Christian Pulisic, Noni Madueke, Hakim Ziyech, Joao Felix, Armando Broja, David Datro Fofana, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Looking at the recent matches for these two clubs it’s a clear pattern that Chelsea hasn’t had great luck with scoring any goals in it’s most recent games while Arsenal scores in pretty much every game. Considering the current power imbalance between these two clubs I’m forced to say that both teams won’t score but nothing is ever for certain when a derby match is lined up.
BTTS Verdict: No
Arsenal has seen six of it’s most recent matches end in over 2.5 goals, this statistic coupled with their huge goal difference amassed over the course of the whole season I’m inclined to say that over 2.5 is very likely with over 3.5 possibly on the books. It all really depends if Arsenal is on top of their game.
Over 2.5: Over 2.5, Over 3.5 possible.