After a disappointing draw against Tottenham, losing the opportunity of leap-frogging Newcastle in the league, Manchester United is set to face Aston Villa at Old Trafford to try and secure three points towards Champions League football.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Manchester United vs Aston Villa Stats & Facts
- Manchester United have lost two of their last three Premier League matches against Aston Villa (DI as many as in their previous 51 (W37 012).
- After defeating Manchester United 3-1 at Villa Park in Unai Emery’s first game as manager in the reverse fixture, Aston Villa will attempt to complete their first league double over United since 1954-55.
- The last time Aston Villa won consecutive away league games against Manchester United was in 1930 between March and August.
- Manchester United are unblemished in their last 14 Premier League home games (W2 D3), the longest active streak in the league. Their last loss at Old Trafford occurred on the opening weekend of the season against Brighton.
- Under Unai Emery, Aston Villa has lost just one of its nine Premier League away games (W6 D2), which occurred in February at Manchester City (1-3).
Manchester United vs Aston Villa Recent Form
Here are the last five matches played by these clubs in all competitions including domestic cups, Premier League, Champions League, Europa League and Conference League.
- 2-2 vs Tottenham – Premier |League
- 0(6) – 0(7) vs Brighton – The FA Cup
- 0-3 vs Sevilla – Europa League
- 2-0 vs Nottingham Forest – Premier League
- 2-2 vs Sevilla – Europa League
Manchester United continues a disappointing streak of form as they lost a 2-0 lead against Spurs and ended the game in a lukewarm draw; certainly not the result manager Erik ten Hag was after in that matchup. United need to really pick themselves up despite their injury crisis if they want to see Champions League or even Europa League football at this point.
- 1-0 vs Fulham – Premier League
- 1-1 vs Brentford – Premier League
- 3-0 vs Newcastle – Premier League
- 2-0 vs Nottingham Forest – Premier League
- 2-1 vs Leicester City – Premier League
Aston Villa has seen a streak of impressive form relative to last season as they’ve won four of their previous five games. They have, similar to Manchester United, recently beaten Nottingham Forest 2-0 which may indicate that the two clubs are somewhat equal in their goal-scoring ability. Their most recent five results are against relatively weak clubs but even still, they’re 6th in the Premier League for a reason and they have been giving these solid results all season.
Villa is also tied on points with Tottenham who are in fifth place, a win would place them at the bottom of a crowded top five.
Manchester United vs Aston Villa Squadlists
Here are the players available to Erik ten Hag and Unai Emery in this Old Trafford encounter.
Manchester United Squadlist
Goalkeepers: David de Gea, Jack Butland, Tom Heaton
Defenders: Lisandro Martinez, Raphaël Varane, Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelöf, Phil Jones, Teden Mengi, Luke Shaw, Tyrell Malacia, Brandon Williams, Diogo Dalot, Aaron Wan-Bissaka
Midfielders: Casemiro, Scott McTominay, Christian Eriksen, Marcel Sabitzer, Fred, Donny van de Beek, Zidane Iqbal, Kobbie Mainoo, Bruno Fernandes
Strikers: Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Anthony Elanga, Alejandro Garnacho, Antony, Facundo Pellistri, Mason Greenwood, Anthony Martial, Wout Weghorst
Injured/Out: Lisandro Martinez, Raphael Varane, Tom Heaton, Scott McTominay, Donny van de Beek, Alejandro Garnacho, Mason Greenwood (Suspended Indefinitely)
Aston Villa Squadlist
Goalkeepers: Emiliano Martinez, Robin Olsen, Jed Steer, Viljami Sinisalo
Defenders: Diego Carlos, Tyrone Mings, Ezri Konsa, Calum Chambers, Ålex Moreno, Lucas Digne, Matty Cash, Ashley Young
Midfielders: Boubacar Kamara, Leander Dendoncker, Douglas Luiz, Jacob Ramsey, John McGinn, Leon Bailey
Strikers: Leon Bailey, Philippe Coutinho, Emiliano Buendia, Bertrand Traoré, Ollie Watkins, Jhon Durán
Injured/Out: Philippe Coutinho, Boubacar Kamara, Leon Bailey, Matty Cash
BTTS Betting Market
Looking at the up-to-date statistics, Manchester United has gone four matches now without a clean sheet while Aston Villa has gone five without one. I’d say that it’s pretty likely that both teams will score due to United’s lack of main defensive players; their form at the back now is incomparable to the beginning of the season. Both teams are also on a streak of 4/5 matches where they’ve seen both teams score.
BTTS Verdict: Yes
Both of these clubs have also seen over 2.5 goals in four of their last five matches. Results have been pretty mediocre and scathing for both teams, but they don’t lack goals from either side. United has been first to score in 5/7 of their matches while Villa has been the first in 9/10 matches.
Over/Under Verdict: Over 2.5, -/Over 3.5