Manchester United are fighting for Champions League football as they still stand in the top four in the Premier League. The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium encounter will house the reds in the closing weeks of the Premier League. Read on for our betting tips and predictions
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Manchester United vs Tottenham Stats and Facts
- Tottenham have lost their last four Premier League meetings against Manchester United, their longest losing streak since September 2001 to September 2004 (7).
- Manchester United have defeated Tottenham 39 times in Premier League play, more than any other team in the league.
- Spurs have won only three of their last 21 Premier League home meetings against Manchester United (D7 L 11), with all three victories occurring between April 2016 and January 2018.
- Manchester United have lost just one of their previous 15 midweek (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) Premier League matches (W9 D5), and they are undefeated in all seven midweek Premier League contests this season (W5 D2).
- None of Tottenham’s last 26 Premier League home games have ended in a draw (W18 L8), and none of their last 108 have ended in a scoreless draw. It’s the longest streak any team has gone without a 0-0 draw at home in the competition, and the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (78 games) is one of only three Premier League venues to never have witnessed a goalless draw (also Bumden Park and Oakwell, each with 19 games).
Manchester United and Tottenham Recent Form
Here are results of the last five games played for both of these teams in all competitions.
- 0-0 vs Brighton – Premier League
- 0-3 vs Sevilla – Europa League
- 2-0 vs Nottingham Forest – Premier League
- 2-2 vs Sevilla – Europa League
- 2-0 vs Everton – Premier League
Manchester United has seen a streak of bad form also, losing to Sevilla on aggregate in the Europa League. They managed to slip a win against Nottingham Forest who are very low down in the table and also the same score of 2-0 against Everton; also lowly placed. Overall they haven’t recently been showing good reasons for them to stay in the top four.
- 1-6 vs Newcastle – Premier League
- 2-3 vs Bournemouth – Premier League
- 2-1 vs Brighton – Premier League
- 1-1 vs Everton – Premier League
- 3-3 vs Southampton
Tottenham looks to have relatively poor form as of recent, the 6-1 defeat to Newcastle being the stand-out exception; this is a good comparison because Manchester United has a similar position in the Premier League as Newcastle. This places them poorly in this upcoming home match.
Manchester United vs Tottenham Squadlist
Here are the players available to both Erik ten Hag and Ryan Mason in this Premier League matchup.
Manchester United Squadlist
Goalkeepers: David de Gea, Jack Butland, Tom Heaton
Defenders: Lisandro Martinez, Raphaël Varane, Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelöf, Phil Jones, Teden Mengi, Luke Shaw, Tyrell Malacia, Brandon Williams, Diogo Dalot, Aaron Wan-Bissaka
Midfielders: Casemiro, Scott McTominay, Christian Eriksen, Marcel Sabitzer, Fred, Donny van de Beek, Zidane Iqbal, Kobbie Mainoo, Bruno Fernandes
Strikers: Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Anthony Elanga, Alejandro Garnacho, Antony, Facundo Pellistri, Mason Greenwood, Anthony Martial, Wout Weghorst
Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris, Fraser Forster, Alfie Whiteman, Brandon Austin
Defenders: Brandon Austin, Cristian Romero, Eric Dier, Davinson Sånchez, Clément Lenglet, Japhet Tanganga, Ben Davies, Pedro Porro, Emerson Royal
Midfielders: Oliver Skipp, Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg, Rodrigo Bentancur, Yves Bissouma, Pape Matar Sarr, Ryan Sessegnon, Ivan Perisic.
Strikers: Heung-min Son, Arnaut Danjuma, Dejan Kulusevski, Lucas Moura, Harry Kane, Richarlison.
Manchester United vs Tottenham Premier League Standings
- 4th in the Premier League
- 59 points
- GD of +9
- 30 matches played
- 7th in the Premier League
- 53 points
- GD of 7
- 32 matches played
A win against Tottenham would put Manchester United above Newcastle in the table as they are currently level on points.
BTTS Verdict: Yes
With United’s weakened defense and their poor form, I’m willing to hazard a guess that they’ll concede at least one goal against Tottenham. It’s highly likely that United will win against Tottenham by two goals. Tottenham have a streak of nine games without a clean sheet so it’ll be easy to score against them.
Manchester United has seen less than 2.5 goals in five of it’s last seven matches. They’ve not had much luck with racking up high score counts against even small clubs like Nottingham and Everton. However, considering their weak defense and Tottenham’s streak of no clean sheets I think that over 3.5 is likely in this match.
Over/Under Verdict: Over 3.5