Manchester City and Arsenal, the two titans of the Premier League this season, are set to face one-another at the Etihad Stadium in a crucial battle for the top spot. This match might decide everything, and both sides will do anything to win. Read on to hear our betting predictions and tips for this exciting match.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Manchester City vs Arsenal Stats and Facts
- Under Pep Guardiola, Man City has won all six Premier League home encounters against Arsenal by a combined score of 17-3. They last fell to Arsenal at home in January 2015 (0-2).
- Arsenal’s losing skid against Manchester City is the longest in league history.
- Arsenal have scored just three goals against Man City in their last 10 Premier League contests, failing to score seven times. They had only failed to strike six times in the previous 37 contests against the Citizens.
- This season, Man City has defeated Arsenal twice, 3-1 in the Premier League and 1-0 in the FA Cup. Only Liverpool has ever defeated the Gunners three times in three distinct seasons (1994-95, 1996-97, and 2021-22). They have already accomplished this feat twice (2017-18 and 2020-21).
- Eight of Manchester City’s last nine Premier League games have been victories, including six in succession. They have won 17 of their last 19 league games at home (DI LI), but their last four losses at the Etihad have come against London clubs (Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Tottenham, and Brentford).
Manchester City and Arsenal Recent Form
Here are results of the last five games played for both of these teams in all competitions.
- 3-0 vs Sheffield United – The FA Cup
- 1-1 vs Bayern Munich – Champions League
- 3-1 vs Leicester City – Premier League
- 3-0 vs Bayern Munich – Champions League
- 4-1 vs Southampton – Premier League
City look to be in stellar form with four wins in five games after also cruising to an aggregate victory. against Bayern Munich (4-1) in the Champions League. Their results against weaker sides in domestic leagues is expected, usually winning with a two to three goal lead and making it difficult for them to score with their solid defense.
- 3-3 vs Southampton – Premier League
- 2-2 vs West Ham – Premier League
- 2-2 vs Liverpool – Premier League
- 4-1 vs Leeds – Premier League
- 4-1 vs Crystal Palace – Premier League
Arsenal doesn’t look to be in top shape with it’s three draws against teams that it’s current squad under Mikel Arteta should be running through. They almost suffered an embarrassing 3-1 loss to Southampton but pulled the scorelline back up to 3-3 just in the nick of time. It’s asif the entire game they weren’t really playing. It’s enough to say that against Manchester City on home turf this won’t fly and they’ll need to up their game.
Manchester City and Arsenal Squadlists
Here are the players available to both Mikel Arteta and Pep Guardiola in this thrilling encounter at the Etihad stadium.
Manchester City Squadlist
Goalkeepers: Zack Steffen, Stefan Ortega Moreno, Ederson, Scott Carson
Defenders: Kyle Walker, Ruben Dias, John Stones, Nathan Ake,
Joao Cancelo, Aymeric Laporte, Sergio Gomez, Manuel Akanji,
Rico Lewis, Joshua Wilson-Esbrand
Midfielders: Kalvin Phillips, Ilkay Gundogan, Jack Grealish, Rodrigo, Kevin
De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Maximo Perrone, Phil Foden, Cole Palmer
Strikers: Erling Haaland, Julian Alvarez, Riyad Mahrez
Goalkeepers: Aaron Ramsdale, Matt Turner
Defenders: William Saliba, Gaberial Magalhaes, Jakub Kiwior, Rob Holding, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Kieran Tierney, Ben White, Takehiro Tomiyasu
Midfielders: Takehiro Tomiyasu, Thomas Partey, Jorginho, Mohamed Elneny, Granit Xhaka, Martin Odegaard, Emile Smith Rowe, Faio Vieira
Strikers: Gabriel Martinelli, Leandro Trossard, Bukayo Saka, Reiss Nelson, Gabriel Jesus, Eddie Nketiah
Manchester City vs Arsenal Premier League Standings
- 2nd in the Premier League
- 70 points
- GD of 50
- 30 matches played
- 1st in the Premier League
- 75 points
- GD of 43
- 32 matches played
A win again Arsenal for City will leave them breathing down their neck as they still have two games in hand against significantly weaker sides.
With both sides having very strong attacking players that produce results in most any scenario I think it’s likely that both teams will score. Arsenal have seen both teams score in six of their most recent games as well. Arsenal have been making defensive mistakes that jeopardise their flair at the front.
BTTS Verdict: Yes
Manchester City has seen 7/8 of their most recent matches end with over 2.5 goals while Arsenal has seen more than 2.5 in five of their last five games. These two teams also have the highest goal differences in the entire league which shows their ability to dominate teams with their attacking prowess. I count it very likely that over 2.5 goals will be scored at the Etihad with over 3.5 not a silly bet.
Over/Under Verdict: Over 2.5 very likely