A struggling Chelsea side is set to face Brentford, a drastic overperformer in the Premier League this season, at Stamford Bridge. Will the blues snatch three points from their rivals on Wednesday? Read on to find our betting tips and predictions for this match.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Chelsea vs Brentford Stats and Facts
- After winning seven of eight meetings with Brentford in all competitions between 1946 and 2021 (DI), Chelsea have lost their last two (DI LI).
- Six of Brentford’s eight away games against Chelsea in all competitions have been losses (W2), although they did come from behind to win 4-1 in this precise matchup last season.
- Chelsea has lost three of their last six London derbies in the Premier League (WI D2), the same number as in their previous 14 contests. They last suffered four such defeats in a single season in 2001-02.
- In their last seven matches in all competitions, Chelsea has gone winless (D2 L5), including four consecutive defeats. They last had a lengthier winless streak between October and December 1993 (11 games), which included six consecutive losses — the last time they lost 5+ in a row.
- The last four Premier League games in which they’ve opened the scoring for Brentford ended in draws (D3 L3), including last week’s 1-1 draw with Aston Villa. Prior to this, the Bees had scored first in 19 of their first 23 Premier League encounters and never lost (D4).
Chelsea vs Brentford Recent Form
Here are the previous five matches for these two teams in all competitions.
- 0-2 vs Real Madrid – Champions League
- 1-2 vs Brighton – Premier League
- 0-2 vs Real Madrid – Champions League
- 0-1 vs Wolves – Premier League
- 0-0 vs Liverpool – Premier League
Chelsea has had a spell of bad form this entire season losing four of their last five games in all competitions. The blues have been struggling under caretaker manager Frank Lampard as they search for a replacement manager. Their form reflects this as this former top-tier English club is now mid-table and losing games it should be winning.
- 1-1 vs Aston Villa – Premier League
- 0-2 vs Wolves – Premier League
- 1-2 vs Newcastle – Premier League
- 0-1 vs Manchester United – Premier League
- 3-3 vs Brighton – Premier League
Brighton is also suffering a dry spell with two draws and three losses in it’s last five games. They’ve got a better scorecard however than Chelsea and considering the fact that they have a much smaller budget it’s embarrassing for the blues. I think that they’ll be able to give the hosts a run for their money.
Chelsea and Brentford Premier League Standings
Here are the standings for both Chelsea and Brentford
- 11th in the Premier League
- 39 points
- A goal difference of +3
- 10th in the Premier League
- 44 points
- A goal difference of +5
A win for Chelsea would leave them breathing down Brentford’s neck in the league table as just two points would then separate the two clubs. Goal difference is also extremely close in-case of a tie in points.
Chelsea vs Brentford Squadlists
Here are the players available to both Frank Lampard and Thomas Frank.
Goalkeepers: Edouard Mendy, Kepa Arrizabalaga, Gabriel Slonina, Marcus Bettinelli
Defenders: Wesley Fofana, Benoit Badiashile, Kalidou Koulibaly, Trevoh Chalobah, Thiago Silva, Marc Cucurella, Ben Chilwel, Lewis Hall, Reece James, Cesar Azpilicueta
Midfielders: N’Golo Kante, Denis Zakaria, Enzo Fernandes, Mateo Kovacic, Conor Gallagher, Ruben Loftus-cheek, Carney Chukuwuemeka, Mason Mount
Strikers: Mykhalo Mudryk, Raheem Sterling, Christian Pulisic, Noni Madueke, Hakim Ziyech, Joao Felix, Armando Broja, David Datro Fofana, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Goalkeepers: David Raya, Thomas Strakosha, Matthew Cox
Defenders: Kristoffer Ajer, Ethan Pinnock, Pontus Jansson, Ben Mee, Zanka, Rico Henry, Aaron Hickey, Mads Roerslev, Fin Stevens
Midfielders: Vitaly Janett, Christian Nörgaard, Mathias Jensen, Josh Dasilva, Frank Onyeka, Shandon Baptiste, Saman Ghoddos
Strikers: Yoane Wissa, Keane Lewis-Potter, Mikkel Damsgaard, Bryan Mbeumo, Kevin Schade, Ivan Toney.
In three of Brentford’s last five matches in all competitions, both teams have scored. The same statistic is 1/5 for Chelsea but it’s important to see that two of those matches have been complete dominations by a score of 2-0 by Real Madrid in the Champions League. Considering the fact that the power is relatively matched between these two clubs I’d however have to go against the data and say that both teams will score. Chelsea has some fantastic players that are dangerous in the top third, Brentford can also fight back against a wobbly Chelsea defense.
BTTS Verdict: Yes
Looking at the data we can see that 5/6 of Chelsea’s games have ended with less than 2.5 goals. Brentford has a similarly unpromising statistic, with 6/8 games without over 2.5 goals. I’ll have to go with the data here and say that over 1.5 is the safest bet. Despite Chelsea’s strong attack, they’ve been lacking.
Over/Under Verdict: Over 1.5, over 2.5 is risky