After an injury-ridden 2-2 draw at Old Trafford, Manchester United is set to face Sevilla at their home ground in an attempt to seal their spot in the semi-finals. Who do you think will go through? Read on to hear our betting tips & predictions for this match.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Sevilla vs Manchester United – Stats & Facts
- Sevilla have never lost to Manchester United in significant European competition in their four previous meetings (W2 D2), with their only previous home match against the Red Devils ending in a scoreless draw in February 2018.
- Manchester United have faced Sevilla four times in major European competition without claiming victory (D2 L2), tying Atlético Madrid for the most games without a victory in European history (also four).
- Sevilla have won 23 of their last 26 UEFA Europa League home matches (D2 LI). José Luis Mendilibar is Sevilla’s seventh manager in the competition, and five of the previous six have won their first home game in the competition, with Antonio lvarez being the exception, losing to PSG in September 2010.
- Manchester United have lost only one of their previous 12 away UEFA Europa League knockout matches (W7 D4), a 3-2 loss at Roma in May 2021.
- Last season, Manchester United forward Anthony Martial was on loan at Sevilla. In seven appearances at the Ramon Sánchez-Pizjuán, the Frenchman tallied just one goal, albeit in the Europa League against Dinamo Zagreb.
Sevilla and Manchester United Squadlists
Here are the players available to Erik ten Hag and José Luis Mendilibar have at their disposal in this Europa League encounter.
Manchester United Squadlist
Below is the full team squad of Manchester United. The manager, ten Hag, will pick his starting XI against United from these players:
David De Gea, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford, Lisandro Martinez, Luke Shaw, Christian Eriksen, Diogo Dalot, Raphael Varane, Casemiro, Antony, Jadon Sancho, Tyrell Malacia, Fred, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Wout Weghorst, Scott McTominay, Anthony Martial, Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof, Anthony Elanga, Alejandro Garnacho, Marcel Sabitzer, Donny van de Beek, Jack Butland, Tom Heaton, Brandon Williams, Phil Jones, Facundo Pellistri, Kobbie Mainoo.
Below is the full team squad of Sevilla. The manager will pick his starting XI against United from these players:
Bono, Marko Dmitrovié, Loic Badé, Marcäo, Tanguy Nianzou, Karim Rekik, Alex Telles, Marcos Acufia, Gonzalo Montiel, Jesus Navas, Pape Gueye, Nemanja Gudelj, Fernando, Joan Jordån, Oliver Torres, Ivan Rakitic, Lucas Ocampos, Bryan Gil, Papu Gomez, Tecatito, Erik Lamela, Suso, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rafa Mir
Below is the recent form for both teams in all competitions:
- 2-0 vs Nottingham Forest – Premier League
- 2-2 vs Sevilla – Europa League
- 2-0 vs Everton – Premier League
- 1-0 vs Brentford – Premier League
- 0-2 vs Newcastle – Premier League
- 2-0 vs Valencia – La Liga
- 2-2 vs Manchester United – Europa League
- 2-2 vs Celta Vigo – La Liga
- 2-0 vs Cadiz – La Liga
- 0-2 vs Getafe – La Liga
Both clubs are in good shape, Manchester United clocked their only loss however to top four Newcastle which shows that they’re lacking strength against better sides. The rest of their wins are against relatively weak opponents like Nottingham Forest who are nearer to the bottom of the Premier League; Everton is also a weak opponent. Sevila has recorded only one loss in it’s last five games but they have an excellent Europa League record and have won 23 of their last 26 home games; an excellent result.
Looking at the teams first leg of the quarter-final, it’s likely that both teams will score since Manchester United has some ferocious attacking players but a weakened defense as their team faces an injury crisis. This weakened United defense will give Sevilla an opportunity to strike against them. My verdict has to be that both teams will score as there’s good reason to believe it; a safe bet for the accumulator.
BTTS Verdict: Yes
The last match between these two outfits was over 3.5 as the match ended in a 2-2 draw. I believe that Sevilla will have an even further chance to put goals past the United net as their defense is weakened, I’m sure that the manager will even adjust tactics to take advantage of this. I predict that this match will end with over 2.5 goals and a 2-1 win for Sevilla. For my betting card personally, I’ll be looking at over 2.5 goals just to be safe, however, this match could end up with even over 3.5 goals as it did last time.
Over/Under Verdict: Over 2.5