Aston Villa is set to face current top-four team Newcastle in match week 31 of the Premier League. Will Newcastle win this matchup and add another win to their already impressive 2022/23 campaign? Here are our predictions, betting offers, and betting tips for this encounter.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Aston Villa Vs Newcastle Stats & Facts
The player to watch this time around for hosts Newcastle will be Paraguayan national Miguel Almiron who’s currently in form and enjoying the benefits of Eddie Howe’s attacking-heavy strategy. He’s currently playing his best season in the Premier League as he’s scored six goals in his past twelve appearances for the club.
Alongside being a powerhouse up top, Newcastle also has the best defensive record in the Premier League this season as they’ve conceded the fewest goals of any team in the league. Howe’s team isn’t only great in the top third but also solid at the back, Alexander Isak has also proved a legendary signing
Aston Villa Vs Newcastle – Current Form
Here is the form of both clubs based on their last five games.
Last Five Games Away: (WLLWW)
- 3-0 vs AFC Bournemouth (W)
- 1-0 vs Crystal Palace (W)
- 2-4 vs Arsenal (L)
- 2-4 vs Leicester City (L)
- 2-1 vs Leeds United (W)
Last Five Games: (WWWWW)
- 2-1 vs Brentford (W)
- 5-1 vs West Ham United (W)
- 2-1 vs Nottingham Forest (W)
- 2-0 vs Manchester City (W)
- 2-0 vs Manchester United(W)
It’s important to note the weight of these victories because Newcastle faced two opponents in the top 4 while Villa faced just one (Arsenal). Newcastle’s 5-1 result against West Ham showcases their voracious goal-scoring prowess. Meanwhile, Villa’s loss to Leicester, a club close to the bottom of the table displays defensive weakness as they let four goals in against the side.
Villa vs Newcastle Squadlists
Eddie Howe and Unai Emery have the following players in their barracks for the Premier League encounter.
- Goalkeepers: Emiliano Martinez, Robin Olsen, Jed Steer, Viljami Sinisalo
- Defenders: Diego Carlos, Tyrone Mings, Ezri Konsa, Calum Chambers, Alex Moreno, Lucas Digne, Matty Cash, Ashley Young
- Midfielders: Boubacar Kamara, Leander Dendoncker, Douglas Luiz, Jacon Ramsey, John Mcginn
- Forwards: Leon Bailey, Philippe Coutinho, Emiliano Buendia, Bertrand Traore, Ollie Watkins, Jhon Duran
- Goalkeepers: Nick Pope, Martin Dubravka, Loris Karius, Mark Gillespie
- Defenders: Sven Botman, Dan Burn, Fabian Schar, Jamaal Lascelles, Matt Targett, Jamal Lewis, Paul Dummett, Kieran Trippier, Emil Krafth, Javier Manquillo, Harrison Ashby
- Midfielders: Bruno Guimaraes, Joe Willock, Sean Longstaff, Matty Longstaff, Matt Ritchie, Joelinton, Elliot Anderson
- Strikers: Antony Gordon, Allan Saint-Maxim, Ryan Fraser, Miguel Almiron, Jacob Murphy, Alexander Isak, Callum Wilson
Newcastle Vs Aston Villa – Where and When?
- Location: St. James’ Park, Newcastle, England
- Date: Saturday 15 April
- Kick-off Time: 12:30 BST
Newcastle vs Villa H2H Premier League
13 Feb 2022 – Newcastle 1-0 Aston Villa
21 Aug 2021 – Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle
12 Mar 2021 – Newcastle 1-1 Aston Villa
23 Jan 2021 – Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle
24 Jun 2020 – Newcastle 1-1 Aston Villa
Lifetime H2H Record
- Aston Villa: 6
- Draw: 9
- Newcastle: 10
Current Premier League Standings
- Newcastle: 3rd and 56 points
- Aston Villa: 6th and 47 points
Both teams are close to the top of the Premier League, high quality football is sure to be seen in this matchup.
Newcastle Vs Villa Predictions
Newcastle’s goal machine under Eddie Howe looks to be unstoppable with the third highest goal difference in the league only trumped by Manchester City & Arsenal. It’d be an understatement to say that Newcastle has outperformed expectations this season. They have an impressive goal difference and also the least goals conceded of any team in the league this season at just 10.
Only 6/25 matches between these two clubs have ended in over 2.5 goals while 17/25 have ended in over 1.5 goals. However, this is a historic record and doesn’t reflect the current form of the teams. Following Newcastle’s 5-1 win over West Ham, I’m inclined to believe that this match is more likely to be over 2.5 than previously. The majority of the goals would probably come from Newcastle since they have a strong defence and dazzling attacking play.
Verdict: Over 2.5
Historically, both teams have scored in only 10/25 matches, not considering current form. Considering current form and statistics for both teams, I’d say it’s more than less likely that both teams will score in this encounter.