French giants PSG, who are currently 1st in Ligue 1, face rivals Lens who are second. Who will win this clash of French titans? Read on for our predictions and betting tips.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
PSG vs Lens Stats & Facts
- In Ligue 1, Paris’s current losing run against Lens is at three games (D2 LI). They are the only team in the L1 standings that PSG has not defeated since the beginning of the previous season.
- In their 73 meetings versus Paris in Ligue 1, Lens has managed to score 99 goals. PSG has the potential to become the 13th team that the Sang et Or have scored 100 goals against in the top flight of French football.
- In their previous seven matches in Ligue 1, Paris have alternated between wins and losses. On three of those occasions, they started the matchday on top of the league and faced the team that was in second place at the time. PSG suffered a setback in this configuration on the road at Lens, where they were defeated 1-3 on January 1, before claiming victory in Marseille (3-0 on 26 February).
- This season in Ligue 1, Paris has only drawn three times (against Monaco once, and Reims twice – for a total of 22 victories and five losses), which is tied for the lowest tally this season with Ajaccio. Since their match against Reims on the 29th of January, PSG have not played a draw in the top division (1-1)
- After 30 matches played in Ligue 1, Lens has accumulated 63 points, which is their best point total to date.
- The current best winning streak in the premier division belongs to Les Sang et Or, who have won their previous four league matches.
PSG and Lens Squadlists
Here are the players available to Franck Haise Christophe Galtier and Franck Haise in this ligue 1 encounter.
Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Donnarumma, Sergio Rico, Alexandre Letellier, Lucas Lavallée
Defenders: Marquinhos, Presnel Kimpembe, El Chadaille Bitshiabu, Sergio Ramos, Nuno Mendes, Juan Bernat, Achraf Hakimi, Nordi Mukiele, Timothée Pembélé
Midfielders: Danilo Pereira, Marco Verratti, Vitinha, Fabiån Ruiz, Carlos Soler, Renato Sanches, Warren Zaire-Emery, Ismail Gharbi
Strikers: Neymar, Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappé, Hugo Ekitiké, Ilyes Housni
Goalkeepers: Brice Samba, Wuilker Fariñez, Jean-Louis Leca, Yannick Pandor
Defenders: Kevin Danso, Facundo Medina, Jonathan Gradit, Steven Fortes, Adrien Louveau, Deiver Machado, Massadio Haidara, Ismail Boura, Julien Le Cardinal
Midfielders: Salis Abdul Samed, Jean Onana, Lukasz Poreba, Seko Fofana, Mamadou Camara, Yaya Fofana, Przemyslaw Frankowski, Jimmy Cabot, David Costa, Angelo Fulgini, Alexis Claude-Maurice, Adrien Thomasson
Strikers: Lois Openda, Adam Buksa, Florian Sotoca, Wesley Said, Rémy Labeau Lascary
PSG All Competitions (WLLWL):
- 2-0 vs Nice (W)
- 0-1 vs Lyon (L)
- 0-2 vs Rennes (L)
- 2-1 vs Brest (W)
- 0-2 vs Bayern (L)
Lens All Competitions(WWWWW):
- 2-1 vs Stratsbourg (W)
- 1-0 ve Rennes (W)
- 3-0 vs Angers (W)
- 4-0 vs Clemont foot (W)
- 1-1 vs LOSC (W)
PSG seems to be on a nasty streak of losses against clubs that they should be winning against easily. They’re lucky that they have such a commanding lead over every team in the League. Meanwhile, their upcoming rivals Lens can’t get enough of victory and sit just six points behind leaders PSG. Will they be able to overtake them until the end of the season?
Combining PSG’s powerful strikeforce in Neymar, Lionel Messi, and wonderkid Mbappe, and Lens’ brilliant form as of late, it’s difficult to predict anything other than both teams scoring. Opta’s supercomputer still places PSG to have an edge over Lens however none of this can really be predicted given changing factors. I do however think that Lens has a really good chance to steal 3 points from PSG.
BTTS Verdict: Yes
If PSG finally wake from their slumber, I think that they alone might make up the tally of over 2.5 goals. If not however, I think that both teams will battle it out to a score of 2-1 to edge out the other team.
Over/Under Verdict: Yes