Manchester United travel to City Stadium in West Bridgeford to face Nottingham forest in week 31 of the Premier League. Read on for our predictions & betting tips.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Manchester United vs Nottingham Stats & Facts
- This is Nottingham Forest’s first home league encounter against Manchester United since February 1999, when they lost 8-1 under Ron Atkinson and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer scored four times off the bench.
- Manchester United have won the last nine meetings with Nottingham Forest in all competitions, including three victories this season (once in the league and twice in the League Cup). The Red Devils have twice previously defeated a team four times in a single season, against Sheffield Wednesday in 1993-94 and Chelsea in 2010-11.
- Three or more goals have been scored in each of Manchester United’s last six Premier League victories against Nottingham Forest. Only Manchester City (8 vs. Wolves, 1902-1932) and Arsenal (7 vs. Middlesbrough, 1930-1933) have won more consecutive games against an opponent while scoring three or more goals.
- In their last nine Premier League contests, Nottingham Forest are winless (D3 L6) and without a clean sheet. In fact, Forest are winless in all 23 league games in which they’ve conceded goals this season (D8 L 15), while their six victories have all been shutouts.
- Manchester United have lost three of their last four Premier League away games (WI), after losing only three of their first 10 away games this season (W5 D2). The Red Devils have conceded 29 goals in 14 away league games this season, the first time since 1978-79 that they have allowed 30 goals in their first 15 away league games.
United vs Forest Recent Performances
Here are the recent performances for these two clubs in all competitions
- 2-2 vs Sevilla – Europa League
- 2-0 vs Everton – Premier League
- 1-0 vs Brentford – Premier League
- 0-2 vs Newcastle United – Premier League
- 3-1 vs Fulham – Premier League
- 0-2 vs Aston Villa – Premier League
- 1-2 vs Leeds – Premier League
- 1-1 vs Wolves – Premier League
- 1-2 vs Newcastle – Premier League
- 1-3 vs Tottenham – Premier League
No surprises here, United looks to be in good shape while Nottingham have been and continue to struggle to win games, they haven’t managed to keep a clean sheet in four of their last five games. Both clubs have recently lost to Newcastle who continue to make leaps in their Premier League campaign this season; Nottingham however managed to retaliate with a single honour goal.
Manchester United vs Nottingham Forest Squadlists
Here are the players available to both Erik Ten Hag and Steve Cooper in this Premier League encounter.
Goalkeepers: David de Gea, Jack Butland, Tom Heaton
Defenders: Lisandro Martinez, Raphaël Varane, Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelöf, Phil Jones, Teden Mengi, Luke Shaw, Tyrell Malacia, Brandon Williams, Diogo Dalot, Aaron Wan-Bissaka
Midfielders: Casemiro, Scott McTominay, Christian Eriksen, Marcel Sabitzer, Fred, Donny van de Beek, Zidane Iqbal, Kobbie Mainoo, Bruno Fernandes
Strikers: Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Anthony Elanga, Alejandro Garnacho, Antony, Facundo Pellistri, Mason Greenwood, Anthony Martial, Wout Weghorst
Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson, Keylor Navas, Wayne Hennessey
Defenders: Moussa Niakhaté, Scott McKenna, Joe Worrall, Willy Boly, Steve Cook, Felipe, Renan Lodi, Omar Richards, Harry Toffolo, Neco Williams, Giulian Biancone
Midfielders: Danilo, Cheikhou Kouyaté, Jack Colback, Orel Mangala, Remo Freuler, Ryan Yates, Jonjo Shelvey, Harry Arter, Café, Morgan Gibbs-White, Jesse Lingard, Gustavo Scarpa
Strikers: André Ayew, Alex Mighten, Brennan Johnson, Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis, Chris Wood, Sam Surridge, Lyle Taylor
Current Premier League Standings
Manchester United: Currently 4th in the league with 56 points and a goal difference of 7; very poor for a top 4 club and displays their inability to keep other teams from scoring. The next team in the table, Newcastle, has a goal difference of 27.
Nottingham Forest: Currently 18th in the league with 27 points and a goal difference of -30, this shows that they can’t help to concede against anyone that they play, except for the bottomfeeders.
Nottingham Forest have seen both teams score in four of their last games, it wouldn’t surprise me if this game against top four United ends with the same outcome. This United side seems to lack the complete and utter ability to dominate over smaller clubs but end up winning the majority of the time.
BTTS Market: Yes
Considering the fact that United has a magnificent attacking mind and players and that they sometimes can’t help but concede against smaller clubs; I’d say that it’s highly likely that this game ends with a result of over 2.5 goals.
Over/Under Verdict: Over 2.5, Over 3.5