After a 2-0 defeat to Real Madrid in the Champions League, Chelsea are set to face Brighton in a home encounter at Stamford Bridge. Read on to hear our predictions & betting tips for this match.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Chelsea vs Brighton Stats & Facts
- Chelsea have never lost a home league match against Brighton and Hove Albion, allowing only one goal in seven previous encounters at Stamford Bridge (W5 D2).
- This season’s 4-1 victory over Chelsea at the Amex Stadium was Brighton’s only league victory against Chelsea in 15 league matches (D4 L 10).
- Prior to that victory, Brighton hadn’t led for a single minute in any of their previous 10 Premier League encounters against Chelsea.
- Chelsea have lost only three of their last 18 home Premier League games under Frank Lampard (WII D4), to Manchester United (2-0 in February 2020), Liverpool (2-0 in September 2020), and Manchester City (1-3 in January 2021 — Lampard’s final home league game in command of the club).
- Brighton have only lost two of their last 12 Premier League games (W6 D4), but both of those losses have come against London opponents (Fulham in February and Tottenham most recently). Only once this season (against Tottenham and Brentford in October) have the Seagulls suffered consecutive league defeats.
- Chelsea have failed to score in each of their last three Premier League games despite attempting 52 attempts with an expected goals total of 5.5; the last time the Blues went longer without scoring in the league was in September 2007 (4 games).
- Chelsea have failed to score in 12 Premier League games in 2022-23, the most in a single season for the club.
Chelsea vs Brighton Squadlists
Here are the players available to both caretaker manager Frank Lampard and Brighton manager Roberto De Zerbi.
Chelsea Predicted XI:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga (GK)
- Antonio Rudiger
- Marcos Alonso
- Andreas Christensen
- N’Golo Kante
- Mateo Kovacic
- Mason Mount
- Christian Pulisic
- Timo Werner
- Hakim Ziyech
Brighton Predicted XI:
- Matthew Ryan (GK)
- Lewis Dunk
- Adam Webster
- Dan Burn
- Tariq Lamptey
- Yves Bissouma
- Pascal Gross
- Steven Alzate
- Neal Maupay
- Leandro Trossard
- Aaron Connolly
Here are the recent performances for these clubs.
Chelsea Recent Performances(LLDLD):
- 0-2 vs Real Madrid – Champions League
- 0-1 vs Wolves – Premier League
- 0-0 vs Liverpool – Premier League
- 0-2 vs Aston Villa – Premier League
- 2-2 vs Everton – Premier League
Brighton Recent Performances(LWDWW):
- 1-2 vs Tottenham Hotspur – Premier League
- 0-2 vs Bournemouth – Premier League
- 3-3 vs Brentford – Premier League
- 0-5 vs Grimsby Town – FA Cup
- 0-1 vs Crystal Palace – Premier League
As you can see Chelsea has had terrible form recently as they haven’t won a single match in their last five games in all competitions including their 2-0 defeat to Real Madrid in the Champions League. They’re currently without a permanent manager as Frank Lampard, former Chelsea Legend, is currently managing the team.
Brighton on the other hand have had an impressive run in the Premier League since they’ve been promoted to the big leagues. They are currently 7th and have three wins in their past five wins with only a single loss against rivals Tottenham Hotspur.
Chelsea FC: Currently 11th with 39 points and a goal difference of -2
Brighton: Currently 7th with 46 points and a goal difference of 16.
Brighton has significantly improved on their performance while Chelsea FC have seen a dip as their manager Graham Potter was sacked for poor performance. Chelsea FC is normally a team to be feared in the Premier League, up there with the biggest teams like Manchester City and Manchester United. Their standings in the league reflect their lack of managerial guidance.
BTTS Betting Market
Given the fact that neither of these teams are as domineering as Manchester City with their 7-0 win over RB Leipzig, I would think that it’s more than likely that both teams score as they struggle against one another. Chelsea has a star studded squad with impressive players such as Joao Felix and Mudryk up front. Brighton however is a squad with a solid foundation and taking bigger and bigger steps to higher and higher points in the Premier League. This combination of inexperience in the big league and a large team with deficiency in defense is sure to product a result in which both teams score.
BTTS Verdict: Yes
Over/Under Betting Market
This result really depends on how Brighton’s defense handles the unpredictable threats of the Chelsea strikers. If the Chelsea men manage to crack the Brighton back line, this matchup is sure to produce a scoreline which favours chelsea in the end but only slightly. I predict that Chelsea will deliver more goals in this match than Brighton but only slightly.
Over/Under Verdict: Over 2.5
the Opta supercomputer places Chelsea and Brighton’s chances of winning this match at an even 36% with the remaining 28% being a draw. I think that Chelsea will finally overcome their losing streak in this game.
Overall Verdict: Chelsea Win