With wild camping on the rise in the UK and the trend doesn’t look like it will be be going away, it’s no surprise retailers are reporting record sales in wild camping tents and equipment. As well as other brands and retailers expanding their offerings.
Terra Nova, the company which is famous for producing the world’s lightest 1 man tent has expanded its range to 6 additional backpacking tents for different hikers.
The Expert Camper, a online camping store is reporting its best ever easter sale for wild camping tents. Sales year on year are up over 250%.
While Go Outdoors has a great range of back packing tents, there is a number which is out of stock – again due to excess demand.
Wild camping can offer a range of benefits to those who choose to engage in this outdoor activity. Here are some of the potential benefits of wild camping:
- Connection to nature: Wild camping allows you to immerse yourself in the natural world and experience the beauty of the great outdoors up close and personal. This can help you feel more connected to nature and develop a greater appreciation for the environment.
- Improved mental health: Spending time in nature has been shown to have a positive impact on mental health, reducing stress and anxiety and improving mood. Wild camping offers an opportunity to escape the stresses of modern life and spend time in a peaceful, natural setting.
- Physical exercise: Wild camping often involves hiking or walking to your campsite, which can provide a great form of physical exercise. Setting up camp and carrying your gear also requires physical exertion, which can be a rewarding and healthy experience.
- Self-sufficiency: Wild camping requires you to be self-sufficient, carrying everything you need with you and relying on your own skills and resources to survive. This can help build confidence, self-reliance, and a sense of independence.
- Sustainability: Wild camping encourages a more sustainable way of living, promoting the principles of leave-no-trace and minimising impact on the environment. This can help develop a greater respect for nature and encourage eco-friendly behaviours.Overall, wild camping can provide a unique and rewarding experience that offers physical, mental, and emotional benefits to those who choose to participate.
Overall, wild camping can provide a unique and rewarding experience that offers physical, mental, and emotional benefits to those who choose to participate and this why retailers and brands are seeing the benefits.