Manchester United face Sevilla at the historic Old Trafford in the first leg of the quarter-final of the Europa League. The reds look to secure their first win over the Spanish club in any European Competition. Read on to hear our predictions and betting tips for this match.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Manchester United Vs Sevilla Stats & Facts
- In European competition, Manchester United are winless against Sevilla, having played the Spanish club to a draw and a loss in the round of 16 of the UEFA Champions League in 2017–18 and the round of semi-finals of the UEFA Europa League in 2020, respectively.
- Sevilla has advanced from six of their last eight European knockout fixtures (including finals), with their only two defeats coming at the hands of English clubs coming in the UEFA Champions League match against Leicester in 2016–17 and in the UEFA Europa League match against West Ham in 2017–18.
- Real Sociedad, Barcelona, Real Betis, and Sevilla are the four Spanish clubs that Manchester United will take on in the upcoming season of the UEFA Champions League. Manchester United will become only the second team in the history of major European competitions to accomplish this feat. Leeds United was the first team to accomplish this feat in the 2000–2001 season of the UEFA Champions League.
- Sevilla are now winless in 11 away games in Europe (D5 L6), and they have lost each of their last three in a row. Since February 2016, when they lost four consecutive away games in European competition, they have not lost four consecutive away games in European play since this point.
- Bruno Fernandes has been directly involved in 27 goals across 37 appearances for Manchester United in Europe (13 goals, 14 assists), which is at least 11 more goal involvements than any other player for the club since he joined. In those 37 appearances, Bruno Fernandes has scored 13 goals and assisted on 14 goals.
Manchester United & Sevilla Squadlists H
Here are the players available to Erik Ten Hag and Sevilla manager Jose Luis Mendilibar have at their disposal in this matchup.
Below is the full team squad of Manchester United. The manager Ten Hag will pick his starting XI against Sevilla from these players:
David De Gea, Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford, Lisandro Martinez, Luke Shaw, Christian Eriksen, Diogo Dalot, Raphael Varane, Casemiro, Antony, Jadon Sancho, Tyrell Malacia, Fred, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Wout Weghorst, Scott McTominay, Anthony Martial, Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelof, Anthony Elanga, Alejandro Garnacho, Marcel Sabitzer, Donny van de Beek, Jack Butland, Tom Heaton, Brandon Williams, Phil Jones, Facundo Pellistri, Kobbie Mainoo.
Below is the full team squad of Sevilla. The manager will pick his starting XI against United from these players:
Bono, Marko Dmitrovié, Loic Badé, Marcäo, Tanguy Nianzou, Karim Rekik, Alex Telles, Marcos Acufia, Gonzalo Montiel, Jes6s Navas, Pape Gueye, Nemanja Gudelj, Fernando, Joan Jordån, Oliver Torres, Ivan Rakitic, Lucas Ocampos, Bryan Gil, Papu Gomez, Tecatito, Erik Lamela, Suso, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rafa Mir
Current Form All Competitions
Manchester United Current Form (WWLWL)
4th in the Premier League
- 2-0 vs Everton (W)
- 1-0 vs Brentford (W)
- 0-2 vs Newcastle (L)
- 3-1 vs Fulham (W)
- 0-1 vs Real Betis (L)
Sevilla Current Form (DLLLD)
13th in the La Liga
- 2-2 vs Celta Vigo (D)
- 0-2 vs Cadiz (L)
- 0-2 vs Getafe (L)
- 0-1 vs Fenerbahce (L)
- 2-1 vs Almeria (D)
Manchester United looks to be in significantly better form than their upcoming Spanish rivals in the Europa League. I wouldn’t be surprised if, regardless of past matches, United wipe the floor with Sevilla because they can’t seem to win any matches and recently lost three matches in a row.
Despite their good form, Manchester United tends to suffer against Sevilla as they’ve not won in their last three encounters. The counterbalance of Manchester United’s weakspot and good form. Both teams should score in a decent matchup.
BTTS Verdict: Yes
Manchester United has seen less than 2.5 goals scored in 5/6 of it’s last matches. The same is true for 4/5 of Sevilla’s last matches. Wisely listening to the statistics, this shows us that over 2.5 is a poor bet. Perhaps over 1.5 will be a good choice.
Over/Under Verdict: Over 1.5