The Dutch number one’s Feyenoord will be facing 3rd in the Serie A Roma in a two-legged battle for the Europa League Semi-Final. Read on to hear our predictions and betting tips for the match.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Feyenoord vs Roma Stats & Facts
- In Europe, Feyenoord and Roma have played each other three times before, but Feyenoord has not yet triumphed over Roma (DI L2). In the most recent meeting between these two teams, which took place in the championship game of the UEFA Europa Conference League the previous year, Roma prevailed over Feyenoord 1-0.
- Roma have won each of their last three away games against Dutch opponents in Europe, claiming victories against Feyenoord (2015), Ajax (2021), and Vitesse. These victories all took place in the Netherlands (2022).
- With 21 goals scored in just eight games, Feyenoord leads all teams in this year’s UEFA Europa League scoring competition. Seven of those goals were scored in their most recent encounter, which was played against Shakhtar Donetsk. This was the most goals they had scored in a European competition since 1995, when they played Metalurgs Liepaja (7-0).
- The last time Roma went four games without allowing a goal in a competition was back in October 2002 in the UEFA Champions League. Roma has kept a clean sheet in each of their last three matches in Europe in Europe.
- During the current campaign of the UEFA Europa League, Santiago Gimenez of Feyenoord has played a total of 229 minutes and has scored five goals. This season, he has the best scoring rate of any player in the competition who has scored three goals or more. On average, he scores a goal once every 46 minutes.
Feyenoord and Roma Squadlists
Here are the players available to both Arne Slot and José Mourinho have at their disposal in this encounter
Goalkeepers: Justin Bijlow, Timon Wellenreuther, Ofir Marciano, Tein Troost
Defenders: David Hancko, Gernot Trauner, Jacob Rasmussen, Neraysho Kasanwirjo, Quilindschy Hartman, Marcos Lopez, Lutsharel Geertruida, Marcus Pedersen, Mimeirhel Benita
Midfielders: Mats Wieffer, Orkun Kökcü, Quinten Timber, Sebastian Szymanski, Ezequiel Bullaude, Mohamed Taabouni
Strikers: Javairo Dilrosun, Igor Paixäo, Oussama Idrissi, Patrik Walemark, Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Santiago Gimenez, Danilo
Manager: Arne Slot
Goalkeepers: Rui Patricio, Mile Svilar, Pietro Boer.
Defenders: Roger Ibafiez, Gianluca Mancini, Diego Llorente, Marash Kumbulla, Chris Smalling, William Bianda, Leonardo Spinazzola, Zeki Celik, Rick Karsdorp.
Midfielders: Bryan Cristante, Nemanja Matié, Ebrima Darboe, Georginio Wijnaldum, Mady Camara, Edoardo Bove, Benjamin Tahirovic, Nicola Zalewski, Lorenzo Pellegrini, Cristian Volpato, Ante Coric.
Strikers: Stephan El Shaarawy, Ola Solbakken, Paulo Dybala, Tammy Abraham, Andrea Belotti.
- 1-0 vs Torino
- 3-0 vs Sampdoria
- 0-1 vs Lazio
- 0-0 vs Real Sociedad
- 4-3 vs Sassuolo
- 1-5 vs Wallwijk
- 2-1 vs Ajax
- 1-3 vs Sparta Rotterdam
- 2-3 vs Ajax
- 1-7 vs Shakhtar Donetsk
Feynoord looks to be in voracious goal scoring form compared to Jose Mourinho’s Roma. An especially good result is their magnificent 7-1 win against Shakhtar Donetsk. The Dutch side is looking in-form and ready to surprise Roma in their Europa League encounter. Don’t get me wrong, Roma is still in decently good shape, however, they seem to lack that goal scoring ability and hunger in comparison. Their strongest result being 3-0 against Sampdoria.
Feyenoord vs Roma H2H
- These two sides have met on three separate occasions, two of these ended in a draw for Roma, one draw and zero wins so far for Feyenoord.
- Feyenoord has a season average of 2.4 goals per match, Roma has an average of 1.4 goals per match albeit in a tougher league than Feyenoord.
- In these three matches played against one another, BTTS has been a no with their draw ending goalless and the two wins with Roma the sole goalscorer.
- Feyenoord has a three match streak of games where they haven’t been able to keep a clean sheet.
- Roma also has a three match streak however it’s a win streak.
It’s difficult to say whether these games will end with both teams scoring because of their past record but also Feyenoord’s recent goal-scoring hunger. I’ll hazard a bet and say that Feyenoord is an improved side since they first encountered Roma as they’re currently 1st in the Dutch first league. My personal prediction is that both teams will score in this encounter.
BTTS Verdict: Yes
Going off of the records for this particular matching, 2/3rds of matches have been over 1.5 goals while 1/3rd have been over 2.5. Thinking ahead now, I think it’s realistically more likely that both sides will rack on the goals in this encounter. Both sides are strong but Feyenoord seems to be in the right frame of mind for an upset over Roma.
Over/Under Verdict: Over 2.5
Feyenoord vs Roma Overall Winner
My personal prediction for this match is that Roma will be able to outmuscle Feyenoord with Jose Mourinho’s experience and expertise at the wheel.