On Tuesday at the Etihad Stadium, City faces Bayern in a thrilling Champions League in a clash of European giants. Who will go through to the greatly coveted Champions League final? Here is our rundown of betting tips and predictions for this exciting encounter.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Manchester City vs Bayern Stats & Facts
- This will be the seventh time that Manchester City and Bayern Munich face off against one another in European play. In the previous six meetings between these two teams, all of which took place in the UEFA Champions League, each team has won three of those matches.
- The one time Manchester City lost to Bayern Munich at home in the UEFA Champions League (LI), it was in October 2013 when Pep Guardiola was coaching Bayer. Manchester City has won the previous two times they have hosted Bayer in the UEFA Champions League (LI) (1-3).
- After suffering defeat in each of their previous four UEFA Champions League contests played on the road against English clubs between the years 2005 and 2011, Bayer Munich have only been victorious in two of their last 10 matches on the road (winning six and drawing two), and they have won three of their last four (DI)
- The previous four matches that Manchester City has played at home in the UEFA Champions League against German teams have resulted in victories by a combined score of 39-10 for the English club. These victories have all come during the knockout stages of the competition.
- Pep Guardiola, the manager of Manchester City, has a winning percentage of 54% (39/72) in the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League games he has coached.
- He has the best win rate of any manager who has overseen a team that has played 30 or more games in the knockout stages (including finals), and he is the only manager to have won more than half of his matches.
Manchester City (WWWWW)
- 4-1 vs Southampton – Premier League
- 4-1 vs Liverpool – Premier League
- 6-0 vs Burnley – FA Cup
- 7-0 vs RB Leipzig – Champions League
- 1-0 vs Crystal Palace – Premier League
Bayern Munich (WLWLW)
- 1-0 vs SC Freiburg – Bundesliga
- 1-2 vs SC Freiburg – DFB-Pokal
- 4-2 vs Dortmund – Bundesliga
- 1-2 vs Leverkusen – Bundesliga
- 5-3 vs Augsburg – Bundesliga
Both teams are in the fight for the title with Bayern Munich in first with 58 points, and Manchester City in 2nd with 67 points. The disparity between City and leaders Arsenal is now six points following the gunners draw with Liverpool this weekend. Bayern on the other hand has a less dictating lead as their rivals Borussia Dortmund are only two points behind them, another loss to Bayern and a win to Dortmund would reshuffle the order!
Bayern has had a shaky few games, however considering the whole season, they are top of the german bundesliga. Manchester City on the other hand are in masterful form as they’ve won their last five games and are now on a six-game winning streak.
Both teams are what you’d consider “In-form” and ready to test each other’s limits. After thrashing RB Leipzig 7-0 in the round of 16, Manchester City has shown that they are able to capitalise on chances heavily. The Manchester side had 23 shots, 16 of which were on target while their opponents had 4 and only 1 on target.
Bayern also beat a star-studded PSG team 3-0 (aggregate) which includes Champions League veteran Lionel Messi and French wonderkid Kylian Mbappe. The German side managed to get just under 50% of their 12 shots on target and secure a sweet victory.
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich Squadlists
Here are the players available to both Pep Guardiola and former Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel on this exciting Champions League game night.
Goalkeepers: Zack Steffen, Stefan Ortega Moreno, Ederson, Scott Carson
Defenders: Kyle Walker, Ruben Dias, John Stones, Nathan Ake,
Joao Cancelo, Aymeric Laporte, Sergio Gomez, Manuel Akanji,
Rico Lewis, Joshua Wilson-Esbrand
Kalvin Phillips, Ilkay Gundogan, Jack Grealish, Rodrigo, Kevin
De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Maximo Perrone, Phil Foden, Cole Palmer
Strikers: Erling Haaland, Julian Alvarez, Riyad Mahrez
Goalkeepers:Manuel Neier Sven Ulreich, Yann Sommer, Johannes Schenk
Defenders: Dayot Upamecano, Matthijs de Ligt, Benjamin Pavard, Alphonso Davies, Bouna Sarr, Lucas Hernandez, Joao Cancelo, Daley Blind, Noussair Mazraoui, Josip Stanisic
Midfielders: Joshua Kimmich, Leon Goretzka, Paul Wanner, Ryan Gravenberch
Strikers: Serge Gnabry, Leroy Sane, Kingsley Coman, Eric Maxim Coupo-Moting, Sadio Mane, Thomas Muller, Matthys Tel, Jamal Musiala, Arijon Ibrahimovic.
BTTS Market – City vs Bayern
In the recorded six meetings between these two clubs, both teams have scored in 3/6 matches (50%). Considering this stat, it’d be safe to include this bet on your accumulator because both teams are also in-form and capable of creating dangerous chances.
Verdict: Yes BTTS
Three of the six matches between these two sides have been over 3.5 with two even being over 4.5. The remaining matches have been dominations with two-goal leads. I wouldn’t be shy to place over 2.5 or even 3.5 for this match.
Verdict: Likely over 2.5