Arsenal now sits atop the Premier League table, eight points ahead of Manchester City. Nevertheless, the Gunners go to Anfield to take on Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool in a tricky test crucial to the title fight. This article contains stats, facts, and our predictions for the encounter.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Arsenal Vs Liverpool Statistics & Facts
- Arsenal is seeking to win their first league double over Liverpool since the 2009-10 season, while the last time the Gunners won consecutive league games against the Reds was in September of 2012.
- The clean sheets to games ratio for these two clubs in the Premier League is the lowest in the Premier League with each game proving to be a goal-scoring frenzy, 12/61 which is just below 20%.
- Arsenal struggle to score against Liverpool more than any other League opponent.
- Liverpool has won all six of their previous games at Anfield in all competitions, all of which have seen at least three goals scored by either side.
- This will be the ninth time that Arsenal faces Liverpool while at the top of the Premier League.
- There have been a whopping thirty-three goals scored in the last eight games between these two historic clubs in Premier League encounters, averaging a staggering four goals per match.
- One of those eight matches took place on this same date (April 9th) in 2004, and the Gunners stole the victory with a 4-2 win.
- Liverpool has won at Anfield in 5 of their last 6 matches in the Premier League, their most recent 3 wins aggregate to a score of 11-0.
- Since Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall scored for Leicester in December against the Reds at Anfield, they have not allowed a goal to be scored against them in any of their last 7h 26m of Premier League action on home soil.
Arsenal Vs Liverpool – Predicted Starting XI
Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp and Arsenal’s Mikel Arteta have the following players at their disposal for the Anfield encounter.
Unlike Arsenal, Liverpool has confirmed their starting XI as of the publication date of this article.
Confirmed Starting XI: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Henderson, Thiago, Diaz, Salah, Jota, Nunez.
Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Fabinho, Konate, Milner, Firmino, Elliott, Carvalho, Phillips.
Predicted Starting XI: Ramsdale; White, Holding, Gabriel, Zinchenko; Partey, Xhaka, Odegaard; Saka, Jesus, Martinelli.
Liverpool’s recent form
- Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool (04/04) – Premier League
- Manchester City 4-1 Liverpool (01/04) – Premier League
- Real Madrid 1-0 Liverpool (15/03) – Champions League
- Bournemouth 1-0 Liverpool (11/03) – Premier League
- Liverpool 7-0 Manchester United (05/03) – Premier League
Arsenal’s recent form
- Arsenal 4-1 Leeds United (01/04) – Premier League
- Arsenal 4-1 Crystal Palace (19/03) – Premier League
- Arsenal 1-1 (3-5p) Sporting CP (16/03) – Europa League
- Fulham 0-3 Arsenal (12/03) – Premier League
- Sporting CP 2-2 Arsenal (09/03) – Europa League
Arsenal Vs Liverpool Prediction
The Reds have not won in their last four matches since their astonishing victory over Manchester United, however all of these games have been away from home ground where they seem to have a magical advantage. Jurgen Klopp’s men are left struggling in eighth while Arsenal have their golden ticket to finally break their curse against Liverpool and bag another three points and maintain their lead in the title race against Manchester City.
It’s hard to say who will come out on top, will Liverpool finally break their poor streak or will Arsenal’s curse keep them spellbound at Anfield? We’ll just have to wait and see but one thing is for certain, this will be a game of football to remember.
My personal opinion is that this game will be close but Arsenal’s strike-force and counter-attacking ability will edge Liverpool out this time around as they are struggling as of late. All good things come to an end and Liverpool’s undefeated streak at Anfield is certainly one of them.
Current Premier League Standings
- Arsenal is currently 1st in the Premier League with an 8 point lead over rivals Manchester City.
- Liverpool is 8th in the League with a gnarly 29 point deficit to Arsenal.
Full-Time Betting Market
With Liverpool’s incredible record at Anfield and Arsenal’s invincible form, it’s rather difficult to say which team will come out on top in Sunday’s encounter. It’s important to note that Liverpool hasn’t lost in their last six Anfield games with the remaining one a draw.
Verdict: Away Win
With Liverpool’s last six games at Anfield ending with three or more goals scored by either side, I’m forced to say that over 2.5 goals is highly likely and a preferable betting market. It’s also important to note that Arsenal are the leading away goalscorers in the League this campaign, partly due to frontman Saka who is in excellent form.
Liverpool have also scored 34 of their 48 goals on home soil at an average of three per game. Over 2.5 bets would prove a shrewd decision.
Verdict: Over 2.5