After beating Brentford 1-0 at Old Trafford, United are back at home and hoping to snag another victory to secure their spot in the top four this campaign.
Bet UK – Bet £10 Get £30 Free Bet
Virgin Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
LiveScore Bet – Bet £10 Get £20
bet365 – Up to £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £40
Parimatch Sports – Bet £10 Get £20
Manchester United Vs Everton – Facts and Stats
- The Red Devils have won a staggering 38 Premier League games against the Toffees, this is the second-highest number of wins one team has against another with Manchester United’s record against Tottenham topping the charts.
- Everton have won only a single game out of the last 29 away games against Manchester United, the other 28 consist of eight draws and twenty losses. Everton’s last three visits to the historic Old Trafford have finished level.
- Everton has managed to score in each of their last nine games against the Manchester club. It’s interesting to note that they have also never scored in 10 consecutive games against United and that their opponents are on their longest run without a clean sheet.
- United have won both of their encounters with Everton considering all competitions this calendar year including a 2-1 Premier League win and a 3-1 result in the FA cup. The Red Devils have only beaten Everton three times in a season.
- This is the 18th season that the two clubs have faced one another over three times.
- After having a poor record in the early weekend time slot last season, Manchester United have won all three games in that slot this season, most recently beating their darby rivals Manchester City 2-1 at the start of the year.
United vs Everton Squad Lists
Erik Ten Haag and Sean Dyche have the following players to strategise with this weekend.
Manchester United Predicted XI
Players Ruled Out
- Christian Eriksen(Injury) Remains benched due to health problems despite still training for the team.
- Casemiro (Banned) – Casemiro still waits out the third match of his four match ban.
Predicted Man United XI (4-2-3-1): De Gea; Dalot, Varane, Martinez, Malacia; McTominay, Sabitzer; Antony, Fernandes; Rashford; Martial
Everton Squad List
Players Ruled Out
- Andros Townsend (knee) – Not a massive setback but following reconstructive surgery on his knee, a return to the first team needs careful planning.
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (hamstring) – The Tofee striker remains out of contention with Sean Dyche reluctant to give a certain return date.
- Abdoulaye Doucoure (Banned) – Abdoulaye misses this matchup as he starts a 3-day match ban due to misconduct the previous match week.
- Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford, Asmir Begovic, Andy Lonergan
- Defenders:James Tarkowski, Nathan Patterson, Mason Holgate, Michael Keane, Yerry Mina, Vitalii Mykolenko, Ben Godfrey,
Seamus Coleman, Ruben Vinagre, Conor Coady
- Midfielders:Amadou Onana, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Alex Iwobi, Tom Davies, Idrissa Gueye, James Garner
- Strikers:Dwight McNeil, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Demarai Gray, Andros Townsend, Neal Maupay, Ellis Simms
Manchester United Vs Everton H2H
- United has an excellent record against Everton having won 92 out of 210 matches played between the two teams. Everton has only managed to win 71 of these 210 matches.
- The Red Devils also hold the second-best winning record in the entire Premier League with 38 wins against Everton. This record is only bested by United Vs Tottenham.
- Everton has won only 1/29 of their away games at Old Trafford with their sole victory coming from a measly 1-0 win in 2013.
- Everton has managed to score against United in all nine of their previous games against the club, they are one goal away from setting an all-time record for the club.
- United has already beaten Everton twice this campaign and hopes to add another line to the tally.
United Vs Everton Predictions
Manchester United have shown marked improvement under Erik Ten Hag this season and will look to cement their place in the top four. Marcus Rashford scored the winning goal against Brentford this week and will look to add to his burgeoning goal tally in this fixture.
Everton can pack a punch on their day and have managed to become a robust outfit under Sean Dyche. Manchester United is the better team on paper, however, and should be able to win this game.
Manchester United has shown a significant improvement as a club under the Dutch Manager Erik Ten Hag this campaign and looks to secure champions league football with a top-four finish. Marcus Rashford scored the winner against Brentford at Old Trafford and will be hungry to add another goal to his tally.
While United are the better team on paper, Everton can really pack a powerful punch due to Sean Dyche’s Managerial expertise. Of course, Manchester United is still the common sense favourite but with these matches, you never know.
Current Premier League Standings
- Manchester United, the clear favourite for this matchup, are currently fourth in the Premier League.
- Everton are close to but not at risk of relegation at 16th in the league. It’s clearly been a rough season for them.
United And Everton – Recent Form
- Manchester United: (WLDLW)
- Everton: (DDWDL)
Full-Time Betting Market
In terms of the full-time result, considering all the data I would bet on Manchester United to most likely take the cake this time around. The draw is never a common result when these two sides clash so I would avoid it. It’s hard to argue for the rare case where Everton wins this matchup as they have only won one of their last five games.
Verdict: Manchester United Win
Considering the fact that Everton has scored in it’s last nine encounters against United, coupled with United’s fantastic home record. I would say that it’s somewhat likely that both teams will score in the encounter.
Verdict: Both Teams Will Score
United’s last game ended in a 1-0 win against Brentford, who are 9th in the league and their last five games have been disappointing in terms of goals scored. They’ve even suffered a defeat to Newcastle who are currently above them in the league. My personal prediction is that this match will be weak in terms of goals scored unless Everton surprises us with a surge in form. My verdict is that this match will end with Under 2.5 goals.
Verdict: Over 1.5